Thumbs UP Colorado!
- Great news in Colorado on the 10 year anniversary of extending its smokefree law to casinos. Customers who love to gamble, also love smokefree air. The American Gaming Association’s 2018 report shows that Colorado gaming revenue was $828.1 million, a new record for Colorado’s commercial casino industry.
More Thumbs UP
- to Falfurrius, Texas and Hatley, Mississippi for adopting workplace, restaurant, and bar laws to protect their residents. And Congratulations to all the communities with new strong smokefree laws in effect: see our lists and maps.
- to Illinois and Maryland for celebrating the 10th anniversary of their 2008 smokefree laws for all workplaces, restaurants, bars, and gaming.
- to Iowa on the 10th anniversary of their 2008 smokefree law for workplaces, restaurants, and bars with a reminder that it’s time to expand smokefree protections to the state’s casino workplaces. Casino workers deserve to breathe clean air at work too.
- to Walgreens stores in Gainesville, Florida, for their pilot program of stopping the sale of tobacco. We encourage Walgreens to stop the sale of tobacco nation-wide. Read more
- to Pennsylvania for allowing smoking in restaurants, bars, and gaming for the last 10 years while workers in non-hospitality workplaces have been breathing smokefree air since 2008. Read more