of current U.S. workers are still exposed to secondhand smoke on the job
municipalities in the U.S. have 100% smokefree ordinances
of the U.S. population is protected by a smokefree restaurant and bar law
years of experience in helping to promote knowledge about smokefree air
Smokefree U.S. Lists & Maps
- U.S. 100% Smokefree Laws in Workplaces AND Restaurants AND Bars
- Municipalities with Local 100% Smokefree Laws
- Overview List – How Many Smokefree Laws?
- Summary List of U.S. Population Protected by 100% Smokefree State/Local Laws
- Local 100% Smokefree Laws in all Workplaces, Restaurants, and Bars: Effective by Year
- Chronological Table of U.S. Population Protected by 100% Smokefree State or Local Laws
- Percent of U.S. State Populations Covered by 100% Smokefree Air Laws
- States, Commonwealths, and Municipalities with 100% Smokefree Laws in Workplaces, Restaurants, or Bars
- Smoking Law Status in Major U.S. Travel Destinations
- U.S. Smokefree Casinos and Gambling Facilities
- U.S. 100% Smokefree Laws in Workplaces AND Restaurants AND Bars Map
- U.S. 100% Smokefree Laws in Non-Hospitality Workplaces, Restaurants, Bars, AND Gambling Venues Map
- Statewide Laws Requiring 100% Smokefree Gambling Venues Map
- United States 100% Smokefree Laws Map
- Percent of Population Covered by 100% Smokefree Non-Hospitality Workplace, Restaurant, and Bar Laws Map
- Percent of Population Covered by 100% Smokefree Restaurant AND Bar Laws Map
- States With Preemption of Smokefree Air Laws Map
- 100% Smokefree U.S. Hospitals and Psychiatric Facilities
- Smokefree and Tobacco-Free U.S. and Tribal Colleges and Universities
- 100% Smokefree Correctional Facilities
- State and Local Laws Restricting Smoking in Hotel and Motel Guest Rooms
- 100% Smokefree U.S. Airports
- Smoking Policies in the 35 Busiest U.S. Airports
- Smoking Policies at Major League Baseball Stadiums
- Smoking Policies at NFL Stadiums
SHARE YOUR STORY
OUR STAFF CAN HELP!
Are you or a family member experiencing unwanted exposure to secondhand smoke in your workplace, home, or elsewhere?
We can provide you with information and resources to protect yourself from exposure to secondhand smoke by voluntary policies or laws.
ANR Foundation Has Been A Smokefree Leader for 34 Years
ANR Foundation educates business owners, policymakers, and the public about the need for smokefree air everywhere.
Smokefree Domestic Flights Are Now the Norm
Until February 25, 1990, smoking was permitted on flights. Thanks to efforts by ANR Foundation and our dedicated members, many younger people have never experienced a smoke-filled airplane ride and all flight crew are protected!
People Used to Say There Was No Way to Go Smokefree in Bars or Restaurants
ANR Foundation has worked tirelessly to let people know the health and business benefits of smokefree air! Today, 77.5% of the U.S. population enjoys smokefree restaurants and 65.6% enjoy smokefree bars.
Hotels That Only Offer Nonsmoking Rooms Have Jumped From 38% To 85%!
The proportion of hotels that only offer non-smoking rooms has jumped from 38% in 2008 to 85% in 2016! ANR Foundation’s educational efforts continue to change social norms about smoking in public places!
Who Are We?
The ANR Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, working to create a healthier, smokefree world and to raise a tobacco-free generation. Our staff are people from various backgrounds, all united in support of smokefree air.
What Do We Do?
Incorporated in 1984, ANR Foundation creates programs and educational materials to educate the public about the health hazards of secondhand smoke and the health benefits of smokefree air.
How Can You Help?
Currently, 41% of workers in the United States are still exposed to secondhand smoke on the job. Your dollars help us provide direct telephone support to nonsmokers exposed at work, at home, and elsewhere.