News & Resources
- New Orleans Council Passes Historic Public Health Law - In an historic vote today, the New Orleans City Council unanimously passed a strong smokefree ordinance to protect all workers, residents and visitors from secondhand smoke exposure. The ordinance will prohibit smoking, and the use of electronic cigarettes, inside all public places and workplaces including music venues, bars and New Orleans' sole casino.
- New Orleans passes smokefree ordinance - The New Orleans City Council has passed a sweeping ban against smoking in most places across the city.
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) - Read our updated entry on this group.
- Center for Consumer Freedom - Read our updated entry on this group.
- 50th Anniversary of the Surgeon General's Report on Smoking and Health - January 11, 2014 marked the 50th anniversary of the first Surgeon General's report on Smoking and Health.
- Smokefree News Archive
- Research Alert - A study published in the American Journal of Public Health found that individuals living in a community with comprehensive smoke-free workplace laws or regulations are 22 percent less likely to be hospitalized for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or emphysema.
Information is power. Learn the truth about...
How are you exposed to secondhand smoke? Find out how to protect yourself...